Monday, November 7, 2011

Grab Your Wallets!

On November 29th, the Kerry Taylor Auction House in London will be hosting a "Passion For Fashion" auction. Items range from twenties gowns to recent designer threads, but the most exciting items 
(at least to an oldie film nerd like myself) are two pieces worn by Liz Taylor and Audrey Hepburn. Audrey's being the most thrilling.

For around $96,000 (projected) you can own Audrey's Edith Head designed dress shown in Roman Holiday and then altered for Audrey to wear as she excepted her first and only Oscar for the same picture. 



On a side note, the dress measures 32" bust, 24" waist, which seemed larger than I though Audrey would be. 

Next up is Elizabeth Taylor's fab Balenciaga gown worn in 1964.



Check out more at http://www.kerrytaylorauctions.com

2 comments:

Patti said...

Those early 50's dresses like Audrey's are my absolute favorite style. Ah, if I only had the extra money!! Then again, even if I had the money, I wouldn't be able to fit into it!!

Emily Hernandez said...

Ahh you are right Patti, but we can dream!