1. Born 1913 in Paris.
2. Studied fine art at the Accademia di Belle Arti Firenze after growing up with a mother who was a designer.
3. Moved to America in 1936, became a citizen and served in WWII as a second lieutenant in the army.
4. Worked as an assistant to Edith Head before being hired by Paramount and designed for movies such as "The Shanghai Gesture", "Leave Her To Heaven", and "Razor's Edge".
5. Married second wife, Gene Tierney and had two daughters,one whom was "retarded" and was institutionalized.
6. Was made famous for designing garments for Jacqueline Kennedy.
7. Dated and almost married Grace Kelly.
8.Had a secret third wife for many years named Marianne Nestor.
9. Was sued by his second child on behalf of her sister with special needs.
10. Died after a stroke in New York in 2006.